Guaranteed for Life
Anglepoise have every confidence in our product quality and reliability and are proud to guarantee our products for a lifetime, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1 What is covered
· Product materials and workmanship only. We will cover:
1.1 Provision of parts, materials and instructions to enable self-repair of the unit by the customer.
1.2 Where option 1 is not possible or practical – the return of the product to a nominated service centre, repair and return to the customer.
1.3 Where options 1 and 2 are not possible – we will replace the unit with a suitable equivalent product.
1.4 In the event of option 3 being used then we will recycle the failed product.
· This guarantee is granted to the initial purchaser of a new Anglepoise product only.
· Products used in a normal domestic environment and have been used and maintained in accordance with the user instructions. Unmodified from the purchased specification only.
· Eligible Products must be registered online within 90 days of the initial purchase date.
· The purchaser may have additional rights, under local consumer law. This limited warranty does not affect such rights.
· This warranty is valid and enforceable globally.
2 What is not covered
· General cleaning and maintenance or the replacement of consumables as specified by Anglepoise including but not limited to: bulbs and power adapters.
· Products not registered within 90 days of initial purchase.
· Graded and refurbished product.
· Products where the product serial number or build code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or made illegible
· Product that is subjected to commercial or institutional use.
· Products that are the subject of a rental agreement.
· Defects caused by use of the product for anything other than its intended use.
· Products installed on boats including house boats.
· Product that has been assembled or stored incorrectly (e.g. damp or in direct sunlight).
· Product stored or used in high humidity locations.
· Any unauthorised adjustments / modifications made to the product by a third party.
· Performance or costs of any modification or adjustments which may be necessary to adapt the product to meet any local technical or safety standards which are applicable in the country in which the product is intended to be operated.
· Any upgrading / improvement work required as a result of legislation, (Health and Safety or otherwise) or to meet current standards.
2.4 Damage / Wear and tear
· Damage caused by theft, tampering, neglect, malice, act of god, misuse, accident, fire, flood, explosion, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions.
· Accidental damage, e.g. if the product has been dropped, this type of damage is normally covered by a household contents insurance policy.
· Any deterioration of the product due to wear and tear including all plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that could be scratched or damaged in normal use.
· Cosmetic damage such as trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected.
· Any reasonable costs if once inspected no fault is found with the product.
· Any consequential losses financial or otherwise, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item.
3 Claims To initiate a claim
Please email our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org (or see website for further contact details), with a brief description of the fault, quoting model number, the serial number / batch code, and date of purchase.
4 Terms and Conditions
• Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register their product and qualify for the lifetime warranty.
• The warranty period will commence from the date of registration, for the life of the initial registered purchaser.
• The warranty is non-transferable and applies to the first purchaser of the product only.
• The customer may be required to provide their original proof of purchase, such as the receipt or invoice. This may be used to validate the date of purchase in respect of any warranty claims (in most cases the product serial number or build code will be sufficient).
• The customer may be required to pay any costs of returning product to either Anglepoise, the retailer or dealer from whom the product was purchased. If Anglepoise subsequently confirms that the returned products contain defects attributable to the company, the reasonable costs of re-delivery incurred by the customer will be refunded. Anglepoise will pay the cost of delivering any repaired or replaced product back to the customer.
• Warranty support only applies to new products purchased either directly from Anglepoise.com, from an Authorised Dealer, retailer or Distributor, details of these can be obtained from our Customer Support Team.
• Anglepoise will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party who undertakes any work carried out on the product or fits parts, unless Anglepoise have approved such work in advance of it being carried out.
• All claims under this warranty shall be managed through Anglepoise UK or one of its subsidiaries or dealers.
• Anglepoise reserve the right to offer a replacement product in lieu of a repair. The replacement may be a new or repaired item. A repaired or replaced product will continue the original warranty period.
• All defective parts or products, which have been replaced by Anglepoise during the warranty period, shall become the property of Anglepoise.
• The claimant agrees to abide by any reasonable instructions from Anglepoise or Authorised Service Centre to access warranty service.
• The claimant agrees to provide photographic evidence if required.
• Services performed by Anglepoise in rectifying damage or defect caused as a result of any excluded conditions shall be subject to additional charges for labour, transportation and parts.
• Anglepoise shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claim(s) including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, and other relevant details of a claimant and/or the verification as to their qualifying purchase.
• Anglepoise shall not be liable for any interruption to this warranty whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond their control.
• Anglepoise reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and conditions of this warranty, in whole or part without prior notice or compensation.
• These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and come under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Any changes to the warranty conditions will be posted to www.anglepoise.com and will take effect immediately.
The decision of Anglepoise in respect of this warranty is final.